200 Piece Pack Of Exotic Mangosteen Tree Seeds For Tropical Fruit Growing Enthusiasts
Introducing our 200 Piece Pack of Exotic Mangosteen Tree Seeds, the perfect choice for all tropical fruit growing enthusiasts! This pack provides seeds from the Garcinia Mangostana variety, hailed for its sweet and tangy flavor. Grown primarily in Southeast Asia, the Mangosteen tree requires warm conditions but has been known to recover well from brief cold spells.
These seeds are the start of an evergreen tree that can reach heights of 19.7 to 82.0 ft tall. The fruit produced is not only delicious but a sight to behold – it begins as a pale green orb, gradually deepening to a rich, dark purple as it ripens over a 10-day period. The fleshy, edible endocarp that surrounds each almond-sized seed is a delectable, white delight.
Cultivating your own Mangosteen tree can be a rewarding experience. This pack is classified under the Happy Farm category and is very easy to grow, making it perfect for gardening beginners and experts alike. Ideal for outdoor planting, it brings interest to your courtyard and thrives in subtropics climates. The Mangosteen is a perennial plant, offering beauty and fruit year-round, peaking in the summer.
How to Plant Mangosteen Tropical Fruit Seeds 200pcs Pack:
1. Choose a sunny location and prepare your soil with organic matter.
2. Sow the seeds 1 inch deep in the soil and keep the soil moist.
3. Wait for germination, usually 14-21 days.
4. Once your seedlings appear, provide them with plenty of light.
5. When the seedlings are more substantial, transplant them to their final growing location.
6. Always keep the soil moist and remember – the Mangosteen thrives in warm conditions!
Start your tropical fruit-growing journey today with our 200 Piece Pack of Exotic Mangosteen Tree Seeds.
- Latin Name: The Latin name for this plant is Garcinia Mangostana.
- Planting Season: The Mangosteen tree can be planted at any time of the year but it thrives in the summer season.
- Germination Rate: The seeds have a high germination rate, typically sprouting within 14-21 days.
- Grown Plant Size: A mature Mangosteen tree can reach heights of 19.7 to 82.0 ft tall.
- Time to Maturity: The Mangosteen tree starts producing fruit generally after 8-10 years from planting.
- Soil Type: The tree prefers well-drained, rich soil with organic matter.
- Watering: The plant needs regular watering to keep the soil moist but not waterlogged.
- Sunlight: The Mangosteen tree thrives in sunny locations.
- Uses: The fruit is edible and can be eaten fresh or used in cooking. The tree itself can also be used as an attractive landscape plant.
- Deer Resistance: Mangosteen trees are typically not a preferred food source for deer.
- Pest and Disease Resistance: The Mangosteen tree is resistant to most common pests and diseases.
- Spacing Requirements: The trees should be spaced at least 25 feet apart to allow for growth.
- Companion Plants: Mangosteen trees do well with other tropical fruit trees such as durian, rambutan, and lychee.
- Harvesting Instructions: The fruit is ready to harvest when it changes from green to a rich, dark purple color. The fruit should be gently twisted off the tree.