Mimosa Pudica Potted Sensitive Foliage Interactive Houseplant Fun For Indoor Green Space
Add a touch of interactive fun to your indoor green space with our Mimosa Pudica Sensitive Foliage Seeds! Cultivating this unique plant is very easy, making it a perfect addition for both experienced green thumbs and gardening novices.
The Mimosa Pudica plant, also known as ‘Bashfulgrass’, is renowned for its sensitive foliage. When touched, the leaves respond by folding inward, creating an engaging spectacle for kids and adults alike. This novel plant is a perennial, which means it will provide you with year-round enjoyment. Its beautiful bloom during the summer period further enhances the aesthetic appeal of your garden or indoor space.
Not only is the Mimosa Pudica a fun interactive houseplant, but it also serves a beautifying function. Its tropical aesthetic can transform your courtyard or indoor space into a lush green sanctuary. Plus, as a Capricorn plant, it offers a unique touch for those who enjoy astrological connections.
How to Plant Mimosa Pudica Sensitive Foliage Seeds:
1. Choose a medium-sized pot with good drainage.
2. Fill the pot with humus-rich sandy loam, ensuring the soil is well compacted.
3. Moisten the soil with water until it is damp, but not soaked.
4. Scatter the seeds across the surface of the soil, not too densely.
5. Cover the seeds with a thin layer of sand.
6. Place a glass cover or plastic wrap over the pot to reduce water evaporation.
7. Place the pot in a warm area with a temperature between 15-35 Celsius.
8. Expect germination in approximately 8-10 days.
9. Once germinated, remove the cover and provide the plant with lots of light.
Please note that the flower pot is not included with the seed purchase. Discover the joy and beauty of growing your own Mimosa Pudica Sensitive Foliage plant today!
- Latin Name: Mimosa Pudica
- Planting Season: Year-round, with full-bloom period in the summer
- Germination Rate: High, with seeds typically germinating in 8-10 days
- Grown Plant Size: Medium
- Time to Maturity: Varies, but the plant is a perennial and will provide year-round enjoyment
- Soil Type: Humus-rich sandy loam
- Watering: Soil should be kept moist, but not soaked
- Sunlight: Requires lots of light, particularly after germination
- Uses: Perfect for adding an interactive and beautifying touch to courtyards or indoor green spaces
- Deer Resistance: Not specified
- Pest and Disease Resistance: Not specified
- Spacing Requirements: Seeds should be scattered across the surface of the soil, not too densely
- Companion Plants: Not specified
- Harvesting Instructions: Not relevant as this is primarily an ornamental plant
- Fun and Interactive: The sensitive foliage of the plant responds to touch, folding inward
- Easy Cultivation: Suitable for both experienced gardeners and novices
- Astrological Connection: As a Capricorn plant, it offers a unique touch for those interested in astrology
- Transformative Aesthetic: The tropical look of the plant can transform your space into a lush green sanctuary